We cap off with the final podcast recording of 2021.
Today in episode 011 – The Knocking at the Door – Hannah takes listeners on a deep look within as we check our mindsets and heart-sets in preparation for 2022.
We reflect on many Believers’ struggle with the issue of compromise; a struggle that can rob us of holiness and can lead us to continuous people-pleasing and fear of man. Hannah shares of her own recent battle with compromise in a relationship, and how she had to choose to shut the door with love in order to guard her heart from the enemy’s compounding lies.
In this episode:
- Identifying areas and relationships in our lives that tempt or cause us to compromise, including identifying people who are peace makers, peace fakers, and peace breakers.
- Making the choice to shut the door with love and what that actually means.
- Understanding and responding to the most important knocking at the door as revealed in Revelation 3.
- Maturing in our spiritual walk for this new year and evaluating our hearts position according to Jesus’ message to the churches in Revelation 3.
- The urgency in picking up the assignments that God has for us in 2022. Answering the call to salvation.
- In what ways am I compromising?
- What am I choosing to overlook and why?
- Is this relationship or connection bringing me further to God or further away?
- If I am stuck in a trend of pleasing people, what is driving this need? Fear? Acceptance? Approval? Companionship? Relevance?
“The Lord wants us to grow. He wants us to go from spiritual milk to spiritual food.”
“Ask, ‘What are those things that are causing me to compromise? What are those things that are knocking at the door of my heart?’”
“At times, we do have to ‘lock the door’, in order to maintain a standard of holiness and righteousness. Those are the two things that the enemy tries to steal from us – holiness and righteousness – so he will tempt us to compromise.”
“Without that ‘love’ piece, our hearts and our minds become a breeding ground for seeds of resentment, anger and pride, and bitterness and pain; I have lived that.”
Amazon.com: A Woman’s Guide to Spiritual Warfare: How to Protect Your Home, Family and Friends from Spiritual Darkness (Audible Audio Edition): Quin Sherrer, Ruthanne Garlock, Pam Ward, christianaudio.com: Audible Books & Originals
Tony Anderson – Colorado Nights (I do not own rights to this music)
Connect with Me!
Ebook: Through the Turbulence